Ir al contenido principal

Week 1

Before clicking on these activities, I did not have an idea of what Reflective Thinking was. After watching the video of the first activity where it is explained, I have come to the conclusion that it is something that we do almost in our daily life. And that is why it is important to put it into practice in the classroom.
In the first video, this concept is explained as well as the different steps to follow. Again, I realised, that in a normal situation we follow those steps although we are not thinking in which steps we are. And in the classroom is the same. When presenting a topic, the first thing that it is done is describing the situation and then, talking and analysing the topic.
Another thing that kept my attention from the video is the four critically reflective lenses which is quite interesting. This is another thing that I did not know about. While listening to the video, I stopped to think about the times I have been teaching. I used techniques that I learnt from my teachers at school or high school. I also tried to put into practice experiences my sister told me about her time in a school. So basically, I noticed that I have been using these lenses without even knowing about them.
Moreover, Blooms Taxonomy exists. It is a great chart and I will definitely use it in the future. When I clicked on the link the first time, I thought that that chart is not followed. I was completely wrong. After opening the chart, I clicked on the video and I was somehow surprised to see that the teacher was following not only the Blooms Taxonomy but also the Reflective Practice method. She started presenting the topic by asking question to the pupils to keep the active and also to link those concepts with situations of their daily life.
And then, I had to stop again and think about my time as a student. Not many of my teachers used these methods. I think it is because the way of teaching and learning have changed in these past years. I believe if they have used these ways of teaching, some concepts would have been easier to learn.
Basically, I have learnt not only new concepts but also new ways of teaching.


Comentarios