Ir al contenido principal

Week 2

This week I have started to work with the Rosetta stone foundation page. It was my first time in contact with the page as I have never used it but somehow, it reminds me of Duolingo.
I have to say that my first experience with it has been really good. At the beginning I was a little bit lost about how to use it but it is quite easy. The way of conducting the activities is well developed. In general, it allows you to practice the four skills individually in different activities. I also like that the core activities include a little bit of the four skills. And another thing that is a plus is that they repeat you the same thing many times. In that way, your brain keeps the word easily.
Another thing that I enjoy of the page is that it does not explain grammar by conjugating the verbs. It presents you the conjugations in sentences. It teaches you grammar by given examples. And it is not only with the verbs, but also with the different articles and the formation of the plural.
Also, this week, I had my first meeting with my tutor and the French native speaker. First off all, the hour with the tutor has been great. I really enjoyed learning different strategies for a first class. I have taken notes of everything and I really want to put them into practice. I did not know about flipped learning or consolidation. I mean, I knew different activities that can go under that names but I did not know the name that evolves them.
The chat with the native speaker went well. I was very nervous because it was my first-time speaking French since I left high school so it has been quite a while. She was asking me different questions about my likes, my background… just keeping me in the conversation. And then she did something really interesting. She told me a story in French. And then, she told me to translate it to English. To my surprise, I was able to understand most of the things she said. I am capable of understand French but not able to answer back yet. Nous nous renconterons dans deux semaines. Pendant cette semaine, j’essayerai d’acquérir beaucoup de vocabulaire et j’essayerai de parler de mon livre préférée.
De plus, je veux écrire mes journaux dans Français. Cette semaine j’ai écrit juste quelque mot mais pour la semaine prochaine, je veux écrire au moins deux cents mots. En d’autres termes, mes objectives pour cette semaine sont préparer mon orale, acquérir nouveau vocabulaire et écrire mon journal dans français pas complétement, au moins la plupart. J’e espère que je pourrai écrire enFrançais bientôt.

Comentarios